- Coupon Codes
- Gadget News and Reviews
- News Headlines
- Shopping Directory
Humblebragging makes you even more of a jerk than regular bragging, according to science
Listening to someone boast about their accomplishments can be a seriously draining experience. But while nobody likes a bragger, a brand new study suggests that humblebragging is even more universally despised than feigning modesty about your own achievements.
A humblebrag is when someone reveals some kind of positive news about themselves but delivers it under a veil of artificial modesty, and it's become an increasingly common way for people to talk themselves up on social media without appearing self-centered. Well, if this new study out of Harvard and UNC-Chapel Hill is any indication, people can see right through it, and they think you're even more of a jerk than if you had just boasted openly.
BGR Top Deals:
- The Nest Thermostat pays for itself even faster now that it’s discounted on Amazon
- For $25, your car can have the same cool tech found in $100,000 luxury cars
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung’s most exciting phone in years is ‘almost finished’ but nowhere near ready to launch
- ‘Assassin’ spiders impale their victims on a venomous pike, then watch as they die
- Best Buy’s 2 Day Sale features great deals on laptops, TVs, headphones and more
Humblebragging makes you even more of a jerk than regular bragging, according to science originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 12 Jan 2018 at 17:09:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Friday, January 12, 2018 - 17:09