Woman goes horseback riding, ends up with 14 parasitic worms in her eye
In the latest example of why you should never go outside or do anything besides binge Netflix shows all day, an Oregon woman was discovered to have a first-of-its-kind infection that resulted in 14 worms being extracted from her eyeball. 26-year-old Abby Beckley reportedly contracted the incredibly rare infection after a horseback riding trip in a coastal Oregon town.
Following her equestrian excursion, Beckley suffered from an irritated left eye. The discomfort dragged on for a week before Beckley noticed something very disturbing resting below her eyelid: a living parasite. After plucking the wriggling worm from her peeper, Beckley sought medical attention and was diagnosed with the first documented human infection of a parasite normally found in cattle. The case was published in the American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
BGR Top Deals:
- The hottest iPhone and Android accessory we’ve covered in 2018 so far is only $37 on Amazon
- One of Amazon’s most popular camera drones is on sale for just $90
Trending Right Now:
- Apple’s most revolutionary new feature won’t even be the best thing about iOS 12
- Leak shows how insanely fast Samsung’s Galaxy S9 will be… if you’re not in the US
- That bizarre ‘alien probe’ asteroid is spinning and scientists can only guess as to why
Woman goes horseback riding, ends up with 14 parasitic worms in her eye originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 13 Feb 2018 at 09:43:23 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Today's Ebay Deals - Free Shipping Click Here
Simple, Fast, Reliable Server Hosting - Since 1994
Receive a $15 credit instantly.
Fast Cloud Hosting
Windows, Linux and FreeBSD Servers - Up in 30 Seconds
Create a Cloud Hosting account and receive a $15 credit Click Here