Welcome to another stable update. Since this update is huge we recommend to install it from within a terminal: pamac upgrade or sudo pacman -Syu
So what do we have with this one? We mostly focused on the K desktop environment. In Plasma there’s a new Display Configuration widget for screen management which is useful for presentations. The Audio Volume widget now has a built in speaker test feature moved from Phonon settings. The Network widget now works for SSH VPN tunnels again. For the window manager copy-paste between GTK and non-GTK apps on Wayland got fixed. Additonally many bugs got fixed: Blurred backgrounds behind desktop context menus are no longer visually corrupted and
it’s no longer possible to accidentally drag-and-drop task manager buttons into app windows.
Then we worked on our boot experience and fixed grub-boot-success for grub-quiet. The menu should now stay hidden as it should. Please report any edge cases you may still have with it.
Calamares gained the functionality to define how we may use swap.
Other changes in brief overview:
- We updated most of our kernels (linux419 uses now BFQ v9 as default scheduler)
- We added KDE Plasma 5.14.1, Apps 18.08.2 and
- Xorg-Server is now at 1.20.2
- Mesa is now at 18.2.3
- Virtualbox has a new version
- Nvidia drivers are now at the new long-lived 410 series
- glibc and mkinitcpio got some fixes added. For the later you may take a look at this if you boot from USB
- Deepin and Gnome got some packages updated
- We fixed grub-boot-success for grub-quiet
- We worked on our themes
- We updated Firefox-Dev to v64 series
- PHP is now at 7.2.11 and JDK8 at 8.u192
- Updated Pamac to v7.2-beta1
- The usual upstream fixes incl. haskell
We hope with all these changes Manjaro to be more efficient for you all.
So please report back and give us feedback for given changes made to our repositories. Users of our 32-bit Distro should read this.
Manjaro Project Lead
Current supported Kernels
- linux316 3.16.59
- linux318 3.18.124 [EOL]
- linux44 4.4.161
- linux49 4.9.134
- linux414 4.14.77
- linux417 4.17.19 [EOL]
- linux418 4.18.15
- linux419 4.19-rc8
- linux414-rt 4.14.71_rt44
- linux416-rt 4.16.18_rt11
Package Updates (Fri Oct 19 20:04:00 CEST 2018)
- community x86_64: 1228 new and 1203 removed package(s)
- core x86_64: 28 new and 27 removed package(s)
- extra x86_64: 651 new and 707 removed package(s)
- multilib x86_64: 22 new and 15 removed package(s)